søndag, januar 28, 2007

Snow mobile trip

While visiting my girlfriend's parents, we borrowed my father-in-law's snow mobile, and went to the mountains. We drove in the middle of the day, so that we would have as much day light as possible.

Taking these photos, I started here:




.. and then I just turned 360 degrees - taking photos:











Coming back to where I started:



This ought to give you an idea about what the landscape a few hours away from Tromsø looks like in winter. And also how the winter daylight looks. I think it's absolutely beautiful. And breathtaking.

Sometimes literally breathtaking, because it's so cold! But I was certainly dressed for winter on that snow mobile trip:



This is girlfriend's photo, taken when we were almost back home again. Who wants to go for a swim?? :-)

6 kommentarer:

Syd sa...

Okay, I feel like a total pussy for saying it's cold here.

Nice pics, especially the last one.

kimananda sa...

Oh, no swimming for me, thanks! ;-) But it looks so inviting with that beautiful blue color.

Drowngirl sa...

What a wonderful photos and landscapes!!..
by the way congratulations for your blog

Vesper sa...

beautiful!

roro sa...

Oh my goodness, what gorgeous photos! Count me in for swimming! Can't believe that's "daylight" - amazing. Like Syd, I feel like a pussy for complaining about how grey and foggy it is here.

HB sa...

Thanks everyone:-) And thanks for visiting, drowngirl!

The "daylight" is amazing. I think it's actually around these days that the in-laws will see the sun in the valley again. Up in the mountains it's been back for 10 days or so. I have to say I'm glad I live so far south that the sun doesn't go away completely. But to visit the North on a winter holiday is great!